Conference Organizer Education
To provide organizers with an easier, more effective and enjoyable experience, MCE provides learning opportunities for all roles and experience levels.
Participating in the education program will help individuals:
- Understand the principles and skills necessary for running an IEEE conference
- Learn requirements, standards, and “best practices”
- Be aware of available tools and resources
- Volunteer Led Workshop – MCE will provide content and materials to enable an IEEE volunteer to share knowledge with a broader audience. This workshop is often held at large IEEE conferences or events. Materials will include agenda, communication materials, course content – with PowerPoint slides and fully scripted speaker notes, exercises and feedback surveys. Workshop materials are provided to an IEEE organizational unit at no cost.
- MCE Led Workshop – IEEE MCE provides materials and leaders to deliver the workshop and guide discussions. For information on pricing and availability, contact us.
There are a variety of learning opportunities available:
Educational Webinar Series
Monthly live webinars are designed to inform and educate organizers, with topics ranging from basics to advanced skills. Participants will take away useful information and hands on skills Ask questions and receive immediate feedback from subject matter experts.
Webinars are recorded and available for on-demand playback.
Self-paced, online learning that provides in-depth information and skills on specific conference functions or roles. Courses are narrated by a subject matter expert and are typically 30 minutes in length or less, including knowledge checks and a final quiz. Since online learning and webinar playbacks are available in the IEEE Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE), they are convenient to individual schedules on a 24/7 basis. CLE is accessible with an IEEE Account. Professional Development Hours are available.
Workshops enable exploration of conference principles and topics through presentation, discussion and exercises. MCE customizes each workshop to meet OU needs and goals, for beginner to expert level conference organizers.
Workshops are available in two formats: