Filed in: News Tag: Announcements, Helpful Resources
Please review the following message sent on behalf of Mary Ellen Randall, IEEE Treasurer.
With some nations and regions seeing increased domestic travel as efforts to control and contain the COVID-19 pandemic progress, we recognize that IEEE volunteers may see an increased need to travel in support of IEEE activities. The intent of this guidance is to promote safe travel for all IEEE volunteers, including conference volunteers.
This memo modifies the IEEE travel guidance last communicated on 13 January with the following items:
1. All IEEE volunteer travel and associated meetings must adhere to appropriate guidance from cognizant local public health authorities.
2. Volunteers engaged in IEEE travel at this time voluntarily elect to participate in the activity with knowledge of the dangers involved. Volunteers should understand that IEEE will not indemnify them for any health risk or economic or other loss resulting from exposure to COVID-19 during travel.
3. IEEE will not reimburse costs associated with mandatory or self-quarantine or isolation associated with IEEE volunteer travel. If there is a risk of quarantine on entering or departing an area, IEEE volunteers should instead plan to participate virtually using IEEE video and teleconferencing tools.
4. IEEE continues to provide videoconferencing, tele-conferencing, and online meeting tools to provide alternatives to travel.
5. At this time, we will no longer require pre-approval of reimbursable IEEE volunteer travel at the IEEE volunteer OU President/Vice-President level.
Please stay safe and thank you for your continued support for IEEE’s mission to advance technology for the benefit of humanity.
If you have any questions about IEEE event-related travel, please reach out to the MCE team at firstname.lastname@example.org.