Understanding Your Food & Beverage Minimum:
- Your F&B minimum indicates the minimum amount of money that you are contractually required to spend on food and beverage. This does not include sales tax and service charge.
- Hotels will sometimes offer a 10% F&B discount when Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) are submitted 1 month in advance
Key Clauses to Look for in a Food & Beverage Contract:
- Banquet Server/Bartender per guest minimum
- Alcohol/bartender policy
- Outside vendor clause (Can you utilize outside catering vendors? If so, is there a fee associated?)
- Deadline for submitting final guarantees and final menu selections
- Check to see who the in-house catering company is. IEEE may have an active Master Services Agreement with them and a Statement of Work will only be required.