IEEE Event Conduct & Safety Statement for Conferences
IEEE believes in openness, international collaboration, and the free flow of talent and ideas. Meetings, conferences, and other events provide a forum for the exchange of those technical and humanitarian conversations. IEEE is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment to all conference, event, and meeting participants who engage with IEEE in these conversations.
To support this concept, IEEE has created a conduct and safety statement that will become the IEEE credo for conferences, events, and meetings.
- Download the Conduct and Safety Statement (PDF, 134 KB)
Participants should report any behavior inconsistent with the principles outlined here to on-site staff, security, or venue personnel, or to email@example.com.
Guidelines for Sharing at IEEE Events
To help raise awareness about the statement, we recommend following these guidelines at all IEEE events:
- Incorporation into IEEE’s Event Terms and Conditions as a proactive acknowledgement of consent during the attendee registration submission process
- Statement to be prominently placed alongside all event-specific policies on an event website
- Inclusion in event’s advanced and final program
- Insertion into event attendee onsite welcome packets to include the statement as well as how to report a concern
- Introduction during an event’s opening session via a slide on any large panels and/or through incorporation into opening remarks that clearly articulate the strategy to serve the community ethically