Your website will be the digital home for your conference. There will be a lot to consider including naming, hosting, design, governance, execution, and archiving.
Conference Domain Naming
IEEE can help you obtain a domain name to meet the needs of your conference.
When selecting a domain name, please consider the following:
IEEE offers free hosting services for IEEE conference websites. Having IEEE host your site has many advantages.
It is important to adhere to the IEEE Digital Style Guide when developing your website. Consider the following when designing your conference website:
- Can you use a simple off-the-shelf template?
- Do you have a prior year’s format that you can repurpose?
- Do you have consistent branding from year to year? (recommended)
- Does your branding align to your sponsors? (required)
IEEE web subsite templates: IEEE conference Organizers can leverage free templates designed for use by IEEE employees and volunteers. These templates contain IEEE WordPress themes for conferences.
Conference organizers can use a contractor, agency, or in-house expertise to develop their conference website. Using the IEEE web subsite templates can help you comply with IEEE’s digital and branding guidelines and save a significant amount of budget.
The IEEE web subsite template package can be customized to fit your conferences’ color scheme, sub-branding, and design needs.
* Please note that organizers who decide to purchase and develop their own WordPress themes are independently responsible for the effort, and costs will vary based on a number of factors.