After a long hiatus for face-to-face events, there is a chance that some locations, venues, and hotels will not be adequately staffed or operating at full capacity. Consider doing a site visit closer to the date of your event and call on your CVB to get an update.
Take note of the following:
- How’s the availability & pricing of taxis & Ubers?
- Have flights fully resumed?
- How’s the neighborhood where your venue is?
- Are restaurants open? Will your attendees feel comfortable when they are out and about?
- How is the security within the venue?
- How is the service level in the hotel? Is there room service? Housekeeping? Is there adequate hotel staff to service your event? If your event was under-serviced, you may be able to ask for a credit on the final invoice.